[isf-wifidog] Thanks, a bug (perhaps) and a question.

Benoit Gregoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Jeu 19 Oct 15:58:39 EDT 2006

On Thursday 19 October 2006 15:49, listserv.traffic at sloop.net wrote:
> Assumptions: FC5
> Used the install.php script.
>
> Thanks all, for the hand up on Postgresql security. I was lost, and
> that fixed it!
>
> Next, perhaps a bug. Once the install script ran, I could connect to
> the admin pages, but they wanted me to login, and after giving
> credentials, it kept reverting to /login.php (I think that's the right
> file.) but the script was in /wifidog-auth/wifidog/login/..
>
> After poking around, I edited the php.config file
> define('SYSTEM_PATH', '/wifidog-auth/wifidog/');
>
> This fixed it. However, I thought the install script should set this.
> Perhaps not. Just a FYI. (Though if it shouldn't set this, perhaps
> someone could tell me and I'll add this to my documentation as
> something required...and by design...)

It should not be set by the install script.  Its normally autodetected, but
something in your environment is confusing the script.  We kept the
possibility to set it manually for such corner cases.

> ---
> Now for my real question.
> I'm setting this up much like a Hotel Wifi. Use will be free, but we
> want to limit user setup. We'll setup the users/passwords and maintain
> them. We don't want users to do this, or have the option to do so.
>
> After looking at the auth server admin pages, I don't see how to
> accomplish this. (Again, perhaps I'm just dumb...)
>
> I could setup Radius on this box too, and simply use simple radius
> setups.
>
> However, I'm not sure which works better, or is easier to maintain.
>
> So, use radius, or localauth? If I do use local auth, where do I go to
> control/setup users, and how to prevent them from maintaining accounts
> themselves?

It's not currently possible to do this with local users.  It may soon be, but
currently only RADIUS will provide what you want.