[isf-wifidog] Thanks, a bug (perhaps) and a question.

listserv.traffic at sloop.net listserv.traffic at sloop.net
Jeu 19 Oct 15:49:55 EDT 2006

Assumptions: FC5
Used the install.php script.

Thanks all, for the hand up on Postgresql security. I was lost, and
that fixed it!

Next, perhaps a bug. Once the install script ran, I could connect to
the admin pages, but they wanted me to login, and after giving
credentials, it kept reverting to /login.php (I think that's the right
file.) but the script was in /wifidog-auth/wifidog/login/..

After poking around, I edited the php.config file
define('SYSTEM_PATH', '/wifidog-auth/wifidog/');

This fixed it. However, I thought the install script should set this.
Perhaps not. Just a FYI. (Though if it shouldn't set this, perhaps
someone could tell me and I'll add this to my documentation as
something required...and by design...)

---
Now for my real question.
I'm setting this up much like a Hotel Wifi. Use will be free, but we
want to limit user setup. We'll setup the users/passwords and maintain
them. We don't want users to do this, or have the option to do so.

After looking at the auth server admin pages, I don't see how to
accomplish this. (Again, perhaps I'm just dumb...)

I could setup Radius on this box too, and simply use simple radius
setups.

However, I'm not sure which works better, or is easier to maintain.

So, use radius, or localauth? If I do use local auth, where do I go to
control/setup users, and how to prevent them from maintaining accounts
themselves?

Thanks,
Greg