[isf-wifidog] AUthenication problem from WAN side and Portal give smarty.classes line 1095 errors

Rajendra Jagad rjagad at gmail.com
Sam 14 Oct 18:49:41 EDT 2006

Al right guys.. I get the root page of the authentication server after
changing the port to 8080 only on the Machine that is running authentication
server. Another machine on the same side of the LAN as authentication server
will not put the root index page of the authenticaiton server
http://192.168.0.203:8080/ However i can ping 192.168.0.203 from that
machine, So I know it is not a network issue. This was working from when
port was 80 so my guess is there is more to configuration in
httpd.confchange when changing port form 80 to 8080.

And I cannot send to catch the devil's tail.

Raj

On 10/14/06, vinay menon <menon.vinay at gmail.com> wrote:

> "This may very well be because the wireless wifdog router is located
> inside the LAN  trying to direct the data traffic to go outside the LAN< To
> get authenticated> but cannot go outside the LAN before getting
> authenticated so it catch 22"
>
> That  cannot be the case as any traffic to Auth server does not need
> authetication,,,,,
>
> And as Benoit says its surely seems to be a network issue...

Rajendra Jagad
954-239-2687