[isf-wifidog] AUthenication problem from WAN side and Portal give smarty.classes line 1095 errors

Benoit Gregoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Sam 14 Oct 17:12:07 EDT 2006

On Saturday 14 October 2006 13:07, Rajendra Jagad wrote:
> hi vinay you understood my problem weare on the same page. I am using FC5
> and I edited the etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and modified listen port to
> 8080.. I also change the wifidog.conf located inside the linksys router to
> look for <public IP>:8080 instead of
> <private IP>80
>
> I still get
> Uh oh! Login screen unavailable
>  Info
>
>    - Version: 1.1.3_beta2
>    - Node ID: Wifidog
>

> Menu
>
>    - WiFiDog Status <http://www.google.com/wifidog/status>
>    - About WiFiDog <http://www.google.com/wifidog/about>
>    - WiFiDog's homepage <http://www.wifidog.org/>
>
>  Uh oh! Login screen unavailable
> I check the log on the router running wifidog an says it cannot find
> authentication server
> ++++++++++++++++++++
> Oct 14 16:55:01 (none) user.info : [3][Sat Oct 14 16:55:01 2006][1175](
> centralserver.c:173) Failed to connect to any of the auth servers
> ++++++++++++++++++
> This may very well be because the wireless wifdog router is located inside
> the LAN  trying to direct the data traffic to go outside the LAN< To get
> authenticated> but cannot go outside the LAN before getting authenticated
> so it catch 22(

No, that's certainly not it.

> The only reason wifidog is inside the LAN because i do not have access to
> another location where I can put the wifidog on another LAN which outside
> the LAN of the authentication server
>
> I am not sure If I am making sense here. I hope you understand.

Most likely, you still have a networking issue unrelated to wifidog.  If you
go to <public IP>:8080 (and whatever path you configured your authserver to
be on) with a web browser, from the same network as the gateway, do you see
the auth server root page?  If not, your gateway won't be able to use it
either.