[isf-wifidog] install.php hang?

Benoit Gregoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Ven 13 Oct 16:55:04 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 11 October 2006 00:39, listserv.traffic at sloop.net wrote:
> Finally, I've edited the pg_hba.conf file, and all connections from
> 127.0.0.0 (localhost) are trusted, thus we shouldn't need a password.

That's not what the following snipplet from pg_hba says.

> ---
> # "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only
> #local   all         all                               ident sameuser
> local   all         all                               trust
> ---
> (Doesn't seem to matter though - either way I get the same error - no
> matter if "trust" or "ident sameuser")
>
> Am I missing something?

Clearly your pg_hba.conf is still doesn't match your config.  Just put
host wifidog wifidog 127.0.0.1/32            md5
local wifidog wifidog           md5
and leave the rest default.  That way the wifidog user will always use
encrypted password authentication.

It's probably the simplest way without learning the postgress security system
(which you really should).