[isf-wifidog] install.php hang?

listserv.traffic at sloop.net listserv.traffic at sloop.net
Mer 11 Oct 00:39:00 EDT 2006

Ok, I'm back at things again, but I'm lost again.

Patel, I've reviewed the information in the archives for August on the
PHP hang thing, but that wasn't very enlightening. Perhaps I'm just
dumb, but that's where we are.

Here's what I've got.

I get this PHP error. (Follows the "Database access configuration"
page.)

---
Postgresql database connection :
Warning: pg_connect() [function.pg-connect]: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user "wifidog" in /var/www/html/wifidog/install.php on line 1062
---

Here's some additional information from postgres

Databases
---
wifidog-> \l
        List of databases
   Name    |  Owner   | Encoding
-----------+----------+----------
 postgres  | postgres | UTF8
 template0 | postgres | UTF8
 template1 | postgres | UTF8
 wifidog   | wifidog  | UTF8
(4 rows)

Users
---
wifidog-> \du
                               List of roles
 Role name | Superuser | Create role | Create DB | Connections | Member of
-----------+-----------+-------------+-----------+-------------+-----------
 postgres  | yes       | yes         | yes       | no limit    |
 wifidog   | no        | no          | no        | no limit    |
(2 rows)

Finally, I've edited the pg_hba.conf file, and all connections from
127.0.0.0 (localhost) are trusted, thus we shouldn't need a password.

---
#local   all         all                               ident sameuser
local   all         all                               trust
---
(Doesn't seem to matter though - either way I get the same error - no
matter if "trust" or "ident sameuser")

Am I missing something?

Again, running FC5.
The DB and ROLE in PGSQL were created after su'ing to the postgresql
user, since root can't create ROLE's or DB's.

If it makes anyone feel better, I'll be glad to write the docs on this
once I get it figured out.

Thanks,
Greg