[isf-wifidog] RC3 to Coova upgrade

Joe Bowser bowserj at unbc.ca
Dim 8 Oct 12:03:17 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-08-10 at 11:00 +0200, wlan at mac.com wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I added a couple notes to the wiki page:
> http://coova.org/wiki/index.php/CoovaAP/WiFiDog

Hey

I just installed your firmware to test it out, and I'm wondering three things:

1. Why does it put in extra NVRAM variables for the hotspot settings?
Why can't it read/write to wifidog.conf instead.
2. Why can't I break the bridge between the lan/wan from the Interface?
Would this functionality break the traffic shaping?  Would it break
Chilli?
3. When I installed the firmware, I had to manually do an ipkg update.
Can't this be done automatically when the user tries to install wifidog
for the first time?

I'm just wondering, since your firmware looks very interesting.  So far,
other than that, it looks pretty good.

--
Joe Bowser <bowserj at unbc.ca>