[isf-wifidog] Fwd: Community.Network.Markup.Language -was- And a quick survey...,

Benoit Gregoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mer 4 Oct 17:21:54 EDT 2006

On Sunday 01 October 2006 15:05, Michael Lenczner wrote:
> Curious to learn more about what CNML is really for.  I don't quite get it
> yet.

It's basically a bunch of microformats to allow different groups to solve
generic problems without re-inventing the weel.  For example:

-Sending node information to a maping system (we already have two competing
XML formats (that we know of).
-Whitelisting neighbouring mesh nodes for captive portals (very common need
for groups outside ISF)
-Transmiting IP adressing plans

It is NOT meant to be a monster standard for wireless infrastructure that does
everything, just a bunch of problem by problem XML data structures.  This
way, concensus is build with only the groups that have to solve that specific
problem and no one else.

My immediate job is to add a summary of the most immediate problems to be
solved by the different groups.