[isf-wifidog] Re: WifiDog on OpenWrt - Introducing CoovaAP

Benoit Gregoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mar 3 Oct 20:34:21 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 26 September 2006 04:31, David Bird wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for e-mailing you all, but wasn't sure who to contact exactly.

The proper place is the wifidog mailing-list ("WiFiDog Captive Portal"
<wifidog at listes.ilesansfil.org>)

> I have been doing a lot of work with ChilliSpot and commercial
> hotspot providers and have been following WiFiDog for some time now.
> In fact, it is on my "roadmap" to allow ChilliSpot to work against
> the WiFiDog back-end. Anyways, we have released a new version of our
> "Coova Chilli" along with our "CoovaAP" (OpenWrt-based firmware for
> hotspots) and we have included support for WiFiDog (including making
> it configurable in the web-based admin console). I am interested in
> your feedback and cross-linking on our websites.
>
> Our website: http://coova.org/
>
> More specifically:
> http://coova.org/wiki/index.php/CoovaAP
> http://coova.org/wiki/index.php/CoovaAP/WiFiDog
>
> Looking forward to your response.

Your web interface for wifidog.conf is really nice.

There should really be some effort to standardize on an OpenWRT web interface
for wifidog and maintain it inside the wifidog project.  There has been
several different ones writtent over time.