[isf-wifidog] gateway and auth-server on the same machine

listserv.traffic at sloop.net listserv.traffic at sloop.net
Lun 2 Oct 12:25:09 EDT 2006

I'm sure you'll get lots of opinion from others more qualified than
I...

However, IMO, CentOS is a bad choice unless you're not at all taken
back by compiling from source stuff like PHP5.

I tend to want to use a good distro because I *DON'T* have to compile
stuff myself often. If I do have to compile a bunch of stuff, then I'm
not getting the benefit of the distro.

I'm not done yet, getting my WifiDog up and running, but I think FC5
has a lot more of the stuff built in and install-able via YUM
repositories.

So, the short of it is, I think FC5 is a better start. If you don't
mind a bunch of compiling, then perhaps CentOS is fine.

-Greg

---