[isf-wifidog] Trusted MAC Addresses [again]

Derek Conniffe derek at rivertower.ie
Jeu 30 Nov 17:47:45 EST 2006

Thank you very much Ken - this works perfectly!  Just the command I was
looking for!

Derek

Ken Caruso wrote:
> Derek Conniffe wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Sorry to email about this again - I've got myself stuck in a bad
>> situation.
>>
>> I'm running Metrix Pyramid on WRAP hardware acting as wireless internet
>> antennas and I've got a number of customers accessing the Internet via
>> these antennas.
>>
>> I want to lock down the system with Wifidog and only allow the trusted
>> [paying] users access and, thankfully, I can easily do this by MAC
>> address in wifidog via the "TrustedMACList" directive in wifidog.conf.
>>
>> The big problem I have is that I don't know the current MAC addresses
>> that the customers are using to access the antennas - if I did I'd have
>> no problems.
>>
>> But neither madwifi or wifidog (in debug mode with -f -d 7) appears to
>> be able to tell me the MAC addresses of the connecting clients - so I'm
>> stuck currently (I really don't want to call into every customer to get
>> their MAC address).
>
> WRT madwifi on Pyramid did you try:
>
> wlanconfig INT list sta  (where INT is your atheros interface).
>
> If all else fails dumping the arp table while clients are associated
> should show you the macs as well, "arp -a".
>
> -Ken
>

>> Does anyone have any ideas?
>>
>> thank you very very much
>>

>> Derek

Derek Conniffe
Rivertower Ltd
DID Number: 01 440 1806 (International: 00 353 1 440 1806)
Ireland: (Local) 01 440 1800
United Kingdom: 0870 068 2368
International: 00 353 1 440 1800
Derek Conniffe Mobile: 086 856 3823 (International: 00 353 86 856 3823)
Fax: 01 440 1801 (International: 00 353 1 440 1801)
Email: Derek at rivertower.ie
Web: http://www.rivertowerhosting.com