[isf-wifidog] Trusted MAC Addresses [again]

Derek Conniffe derek at rivertower.ie
Jeu 30 Nov 16:24:07 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

Sorry to email about this again - I've got myself stuck in a bad situation.

I'm running Metrix Pyramid on WRAP hardware acting as wireless internet
antennas and I've got a number of customers accessing the Internet via
these antennas.

I want to lock down the system with Wifidog and only allow the trusted
[paying] users access and, thankfully, I can easily do this by MAC
address in wifidog via the "TrustedMACList" directive in wifidog.conf.

The big problem I have is that I don't know the current MAC addresses
that the customers are using to access the antennas - if I did I'd have
no problems.

But neither madwifi or wifidog (in debug mode with -f -d 7) appears to
be able to tell me the MAC addresses of the connecting clients - so I'm
stuck currently (I really don't want to call into every customer to get
their MAC address).

Does anyone have any ideas?

thank you very very much

Derek