[isf-wifidog] Wifidog - first questions

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Ven 17 Nov 12:35:32 EST 2006

On Friday 17 November 2006 05:06, Raphael Alla wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some questions about wifidog:
>
> * In a production environment, which version should I use? I have done some
> trial with svn head with various success

For the auth server, the "supported" version is svn trunk, barring any
warnings about massive merges, like the one I issued this week.

For the gateway, it's whatever version was last released (the packages on
sourceforge).

> * Does wifidog support the Wireless ISP model at this stage? If no, is it
> just a matter of writing the appropriate auth-server?

It's just a matter of writing the appropriate authencator module for the auth
server.  You could also use the existing Radius authenticator with an
appropriate radius back end.

You probably want to read
https://dev.wifidog.org/wiki/doc/developer/WiFiDogRadiusWISPr

Please note also that WiFiDog has a heavy focus on mobile users.  In a static
WISP model (connection home consumers, not hotspots), you may want to
consider a non captive-portal based solution.
--
Benoit Grégoire
http://benoitg.coeus.ca/