[isf-wifidog] Re: Reopened Ticket 42 : User editable Nodes

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mer 8 Nov 12:06:40 EST 2006

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 11:21, michel memeteau wrote:
> Anyone to confirm this Bug on yoru working installation ?  We using quite a
> recent revision .
>
> On 10/23/06, michel memeteau <mmemeteau at marseille-wireless.org> wrote:
> > --------  English--------
> >

> > Hi I reponed Ticket on the Wifidog TRAC
> >
> > http://dev.wifidog.org/ticket/42
> >
> > About NodeID and NodeName that are not editable by a normal proprietary
> > or technical officer.
> >
> > Do you confirm this Bug ?

Yes, that is correct. Access control for Nodes is a mess, and waiting on the
role system for cleanup.

However, not allowing owner to rename a node was done on purpose (we agree it
should be a Network preference, and it's for this sort of flexibility that we
need a role architecture).

I'll try to fix editing the gateway ID as I rework the tables to give nodes
permanent, unchanging guids.
--
Benoit Grégoire
http://benoitg.coeus.ca/