[isf-wifidog] Re[2]: Successful auth - but re-locks - continued.

listserv.traffic at sloop.net listserv.traffic at sloop.net
Jeu 2 Nov 17:19:13 EST 2006

Ok, I broke down and did a complete reformat and reinstall of FC5

Just so everything's documented, in case a problem lies in my
install...here's the details.

---
Re-partition and format.
Install Fedora Core 5

I installed Postgres and HTTPD and dev tools right out of the box.
Did a full yum update.

yum install php
yum install postgresql
yum install php-Smarty
yum install php-devel
yum install php-mhash
yum install php-mcrypt
yum install php-pgsql
yum install php-xmlrpc
yum install php-mbstring
yum install php-pear
yum install php-xml

pecl install radius
pear install Auth_RADIUS
pear install Crypt_CHAP

---
Edit the pg_hba.conf file

#TYPE     DATABASE          USER            IP-ADDRESS             SUBNET MASK               METHOD
host      wifidog           wifidog         127.0.0.1              255.255.255.0             md5

stop/restart postgres

---
createuser wifidog --pwprompt
createdb wifidog --encoding=UTF-8 --owner=wifidog

---
SVN Wifidog-auth into /var/www/html/
Run the install.php.

Throw in the dog_cookie.txt password.

---
During install, I delete everything in /var/www/html/wifidog/lib/smarty/
and copy the files from /var/www/html/wifidog/tmp/Smarty-2.6.14/libs/*

The install.php script fails to copy these files over, since they
already exist [I think].

---
I install all the other add-ins - magpie, Phlickr etc.
The install runs perfectly other than the problem above.

All DB connections are made fine, and and DB connect/create runs fine.

---
When the install is finished, I edit ./wifidog/config.php to modify
the SYSTEM_PATH directive, since it never seems to recognize mine.
The setting is: /wifidog/

The SVN is pulled into /var/www/html/ BTW.

---
I think that's about it.
More thoughts?

-Greg