[isf-wifidog] Thoughts on implementing an ORM in WifiDog

Ian White ian.white at datamile-computers.com
Lun 22 Mai 09:33:57 EDT 2006

I've used smarty for some of my apps, but developed a blocking
template system to enable performance increases

i.e.

http://autodemo.webmarketeur.com/request/viewitem/4.html

This is showing the main page, and 4 blocks. The main page makes

«insert name="viewitem_block" script="viewitem_block.php"»  type calls

Each of these blocks are running there own smarty cache, so pretty
static pages are every 30 mins etc, and on other pages the cache only
clears when new data is added. This cuts down on a great number of
queries etc.

Ian

> I really think that in order to provide a scalable and lightweight
> solution, we will absolutely need to implement a good open source
ORM