[isf-wifidog] MAC List

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Dim 21 Mai 12:58:34 EDT 2006

On Sunday 21 May 2006 05:42, luffy .D wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see the wifidog gateway 1.1.3-beta4-1 version has a MAC allowed list in
> the configuration file.That's great.
> How can i use it to read a file with the MAC addresses.What i intent to try
> is have a MAC allowed list which is updated every 30 min or so by the
> script for  wifidog+olsr this way i need not manually add the MAC address
> of the new node into MAC allowed list and also need to run the script only
> once in a while.
>
> Something like TrustedMacList /tmp/mymaclist  in the wifidog.config file
> would be great.

As the plan is to allow the auth server to be able to send the MAClist
eventually, I don't think there is much incentive for anyone to implement
that.

However, since you need to restart wifidog anyway, you could easily write a
script that overwrites the TrustedMacList section of the config file and then
runs wdctl restart (to refresh the config file without kicking the current
clients out)