[isf-wifidog] auth server: debian packaging, timeouts, kicking users, captcha

Ian White ian.white at datamile-computers.com
Mer 17 Mai 08:18:29 EDT 2006

Alex,

There are some code is the publicip.net version of the auth server
that does this kind of thing.

I think when a connection is first made connection.timestamp_in is
set, now if you have as part of the auth counters process, and diff
check on current time - timestamp_in you should be able to limit login
time by logging them out there. You could also do limits on traffic
counters

On the spam attacks, I've seen some code that blocks a mac from
repeated login attempts by entering the ip into a block table, and
then ignoring login requests.

Ian

Not sure on the messaging , but v2 is looking at that issue.

As auth.php is the central place you can