[isf-wifidog] Custom hotspot information

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Lun 27 Mar 00:48:34 EST 2006

> Besides that I'd like to add one suggestion ... it hasn't much to do
> with the templating ... but on one side it affects the display / use
> of some data.
>
> It would be great if we could add more flexibility of the object
> model ... for example here at maxspot we don't need the value "info
> on mass transportation" ... but for sure it would be great, if we /
> other groups could add some other categories without customizing the
> code of WiFiDog itself.

The only way I can think of that is localisable without code change would be
to add a few fields to the nodes (eventually hotspots) table (custom1,
custom2, custom3).  Then in network configuration have a checkbox "use
custom1" and a field custom1 label which would link a TrivialLangstring to be
used as a label if the field is used.  In css the id would be custom1 or some
such.

As a further extension, there could be a checkbox to disable any standard
field that is not to be used for any specific network.

Even if we do this, it remains important to keep improving our conceptual
model for hotspot information if we ever want to have this info exchanged
automatically, the custom1 and such will never be exchangeable.

--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/