[isf-wifidog] Hotspot Map Crashes IE

Rob Kelley (NYCw) rob at nycwireless.net
Mer 15 Mar 08:00:52 EST 2006

Hi:

I don’t know if this is a local problem or a wifidog problem, but it’s pretty terrible, so here
it is.

On the NYCwireless site, when you use Internet Explorer to browse
https://nycwireless.net/hotspots_map.php, it pops up a ”page aborted” error.  If you press OK,
you get a page not displayed error.  If you don’t press OK, you finally get the screenshot
below:
http://nycwireless.net/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=44 (287 kb, Word)

What's worse, if you go through regular http, you get hit with a certificate warning that
flickers (multiple instances?), then the whole browser just crashes.

It works fine but slowly in Firefox and Safari.   Try for yourself:
https://auth.nycwireless.net/hotspots_map.php
http://auth.nycwireless.net/hotspots_map.php

Any idea what’s going on here?  I was wondering if it was the use of absolute image paths (https
and http), but I don’t know.

This is the main PR vehicle for the success of our wifidog deployment so we need to get it back
working ASAP.

Help MUCH appreciated.

Rob Kelley
rob at nycwireless.net