[isf-wifidog] Captive Portal

H Marc Bower oplsys at hotmail.com
Ven 10 Mar 15:58:48 EST 2006

Yeah I'm pretty sure I have that all configured corectly.  Below is my conf
file contents.  Note that the Gateway and Auth-Server are running on the
same box.  I set the Firewall rules to block everything to try and force the
capture or at least stop the Internet availability so I can see a change.

# WiFiDog Configuration file

GatewayID default

# NIC connected to Internet through LAN
ExternalInterface eth0

# NIC connected to hotspot
GatewayInterface eth1

# GatewayAddress 192.168.1.1

# AuthServMaxTries 3

# Does it matter if this IP is eth0 or eth1?
AuthServer {
    Hostname 10.0.110.1
    SSLAvailable no
    Path /wifidog/
}

# Daemon 1

# GatewayPort 2060

# HTTPDName WiFiDog

# HTTPDMaxConn 10

CheckInterval 60

ClientTimeout 5

FirewallRuleSet global {
#    FirewallRule allow tcp port 80 to 72.14.203.160
     FirewallRule block to 0.0.0.0/0
}

# Rule Set: validating-users
#
# Used for new users validating their account
# Port 25 = SMTP <- BLOCK
#FirewallRuleSet validating-users {
#    FirewallRule block tcp port 25
#    FirewallRule allow to 0.0.0.0/0
#}

# Rule Set: known-users
#
# Used for normal validated users.
# ALLOW EVERYTHING
#FirewallRuleSet known-users {
#    FirewallRule allow to 0.0.0.0/0
#}

# Rule Set: unknown-users
#
# Used for unvalidated users, this is the ruleset that gets redirected.
#
# XXX The redirect code adds the Default DROP clause.
# Port 53 = DNS
# Port 67 = DHCP
# Allows new network clients to get an IP Address so they can connect to
auth server
#FirewallRuleSet unknown-users {
#    FirewallRule allow udp port 53
#    FirewallRule allow tcp port 53
#    FirewallRule allow udp port 67
#    FirewallRule allow tcp port 67
#}

# Rule Set: locked-users
#
# Used for users that have been locked out.
# BLOCK EVERYTHING
FirewallRuleSet locked-users {
    FirewallRule block to 0.0.0.0/0
}

>From: Philippe April <isf_lists at philippeapril.com>
>To: WiFiDog Captive Portal <wifidog at listes.ilesansfil.org>
>Subject: Re: [isf-wifidog] Captive Portal
>Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:35:12 -0500
>
>Hi Chris,
>
>Did you specify an authentication server in the wifidog.conf config  file,
>and is the GatewayInterface set to the interface your laptops  or systems
>come from when they want to get to the internet?
>
>On 10-Mar-06, at 2:37 PM, H Marc Bower wrote:
>
>>Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
>>I have setup the auth-server and gateway on a Mandriva 2006 box.  I  got
>>no errors during installation.  When a test system connects to  the
>>hotspot they do not see a login screen.  They just go to there  default
>>home page.  What should I try to redirect to a login page?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Chris

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen
Technology.
first two months FREE*.