[isf-wifidog] Dynamic DNS : The ultimate solution

Philippe April isf_lists at philippeapril.com
Mer 8 Mar 12:55:10 EST 2006

I think you guys are talking about two different things:

Francois' talking about how to have subdomains point to the portal
page of each venue.
The others talking about being able ot get (easily) to the IP address
of each venue (the address on the internet).

Am I wrong?

We use VPN's all around to reach the different routers so we don't
have to _know_ each router's internet IP.

If we needed access to the external IP (for a webcam for example),
we'd look at the REMOTE_ADDR stored in wifidog's database... But
since a lot of times we're behind somebody else's router, it's pretty
useless :)