[isf-wifidog] Huge problems with Cisco VPN (IPsec)

Ken ken at ipl31.net
Mar 13 Juin 16:33:08 EDT 2006

On 6/13/06, Philippe April <isf_lists at philippeapril.com> wrote:
> You might be able to get some information about which entry is
> blocking you in iptables by running it in verbose mode and see which
> entry gets hit (reset the counter before, forgot which command does
> that).
>
> Something like : iptables -v -x -t filter -L
> (and do the same for nat table maybe).
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have access to a Cisco VPN service, so I can't
> test...

I have been following this thread half-heartedly, so I don't know if
has been mentioned yet. But some the of the show stoppers usually for
natting ipsec are:

IP Protocol ESP has to be passed

ISAKMP traffic destined for port 500 generally has to have a source
port of 500 as well. So if the source port is not 500 on the nat
router then this may break it as well.

-Ken