[isf-wifidog] iptable chain documentation ?

Mina Naguib mina at naguib.ca
Lun 5 Juin 14:33:08 EDT 2006

On 5-Jun-06, at 2:19 PM, Ian White wrote:

> I know the names are pretty obvious but has anyone documented the
> iptables entries, and chains, and what happens on the various events.
>
> One strange one I have is that only port 80 appears to be
> redirected, ie msn chat etc will login, and you can send emails
> etc. This leaves the node open to email abuse etc.
>
> Ian

The best documentation I'm aware of right now is in the wifidog
client source itself in fw_iptables.c, but even there it's scarce.

Also your conclusion is half-right.  Port 80 is redirected internally
so that the wifidog client receives the request.  The other traffic
is however not free, but simply rejected :-)