[isf-wifidog] Help to Construct www.FreeWirelessConnection.com

Tarken Winn tarkenwinn at gmail.com
Ven 28 Juil 16:44:55 EDT 2006

Hi Coco (Cocopod? Real name!?),

Excuse me jumping in the side of your conversation. Your router needs to be
able to run OpenWRT to be able to run the wifidog gateway in its current
form - and I don't think that'll change anytime soon. Buffalo DO make some
compatible routers however most development/deployment work seems to have
been done on Linksys WRT54G(L). Have a look at
http://wiki.openwrt.org/TableOfHardware for a list of hardware OpenWRT can
run on. This list is incomplete, but those marked with status "Supported"
should be fine.

You can run the auth server which accompanies the gateway, on any computer
running  apache (or other web server) php5 and postgresql. With 1000
deployed nodes and (presumably) more clients the load could be quite
significant. Every gateway (deployed node) sends requests to the auth server
regularly. I'd be interested to see how the auth server(s) respond with that
many nodes deployed.

I have found there are numerous very knowledgeable (no that doesn't
necessarily include myself, but I'm trying to get up to speed) and helpful
people involved in this project and WiFiDog sounds like a great solution for
you.

Tarken