[isf-wifidog] Download and time based limits

Rajkumar S. rajkumars at asianetindia.com
Mer 12 Juil 07:22:00 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have a requirement to terminate customer's connection based on
either download limit or usage time. As far as I understand this is
not possible with wifidog. So I am trying to add support for these,
and if possible support for prepaid tokens and pins also.

I am going through the code trying to read and understand. My idea is
to hook the limit checking into auth/index.php after the call to
$authenticator->acctStart

I will add another method to authenticator to check if the user has
exceeded the defined limits.

I am just checking if there are any existing plans/designs to get this
done. As far as possible I want to make sure that what I do is
compatable with the overall design of wifidog so that it can be
intagrated into the code base.

I also want the meaning of Network, node, portal and content in the
context of wifidog. I have some vague idea and understanding but
getting a canonical def can help a lot in clarifying the concept.

Right now when I try to browse from a machine I get the wifidog login
page but after logging I am not redirected to the url that I was
trying to browse, but to the logged in page. what I want is to get a
popup with the logout button and the browser should proceed to the url
I had originally typed.

with regards,

raj