[isf-wifidog] Wifidog components naming + Redirection

isf at plec.ca isf at plec.ca
Mar 4 Juil 15:23:46 EDT 2006

Hi all,

   After a short discussion with Philippe we think we should have better
components naming. Many people misunderstood what which components do
and their associated name.

Whith imagination it can be :
 -guarddog
 -doggate
 -barkingdog
 -hotdog ;-)
 -...

The better name for the gateway is Guarddog ? But it's also the name of a
Firewall GUI (no more info, website not working).

So we will have :
 -Wifidog : The portal (written in PHP), also commonly named auth-server
 -Guarddog : The gateway (written in C)
 -Wifidog Captive Portal Suite : Wifidog + Guarddog

Comments and suggestions are welcome

And by the way, the old wifidog page on Ile Sans Fil web site has been
remove (http://www.ilesansfil.org/tiki-index.php?page=Wifidog)
many web sites are still linking to this page. Who can add a redirection
to www.wifidog.org ?

Bye

  Pascal