[isf-wifidog] Paths in WiFiDog auth server

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Lun 30 Jan 02:59:21 EST 2006

> > Well, I'm not sure we need to separate them.  But we must be
> > consistent:
> > either the structure of /wifidog/templates mirrors /wifidog for every
> > directory containing public scripts, or it does not.
>
> Well, I just started to move HTML code from PHP code to smarty.
>
> MainUI class reads really easy now and resulted in just 3 really easy
> templates.

Be carefull, why 3, it should be only one!

Remember, macrotemplates, maybe 30 for the ENTIRE system.  I will enfore this,
it was too much time, tears and diplomacy to reach a consensus.

> To easy editing templates later I started to put those files into /
> wifidog/templates/MainUI

Please, not one directory per class, it's going to be a nightmare to edit a
bunch of directories with only one or two files per directory.

Either everything in wifidog/templates or separate them in

wifidog/templates
wifidog/templates/admin
wifidog/templates/classes
wifidog/templates/portal

In adition, I'm affrait if you separate it completely, I'm affraid someone in
the future will think we are trying to separate all html fragments into
Smarty templates.

> Then I thought about moving the templates being used by actual sites
> to /wifidog/templates/sites ...
>
> So wouldn't it be better for the survey to add the templates of the
> admin section to /wifidog/sites/admin?
>
> I think it'll be much easier to customize if we have less files in
> one templates folder, but all "sites" templates in just one folder.

I don't understand what you mean by "sites".  Nodes?  The goal in most
definitely not to have node specific Smarty templates, we are just about to
finally finish moving AWAY from that!

We want to discurage end users editing Smarty templates, except as a very last
recourse.

> > It's for scripts that display or manipulate a content type but not
> > from the
> > portal or admin interface.  In the case of PatternLanguage, it's to
> > display
> > the narratives created by the visiting users.
>
> Sounds like a nice feature ... is there any documentation on that?

Seems it got lost at some point.  Hopefully I'll have time to write it again.

> Nice ;) ...
>
> But we shouldn't remove this folder ... customization images should
> all go in this folder, shouldn't it?

Probably not, but I don't know where they will go yet.  Probably somewhere
below local_content

--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/