[isf-wifidog] Paths in WiFiDog auth server

Max Horváth max.horvath at maxspot.de
Dim 29 Jan 19:46:47 EST 2006

Hello developer folks,

I'd like to talk about the directory structure of WiFiDog.

This is our current directory structure:

/
   /sql
   /wifidog
     /admin
       /templates
     /auth
     /classes
       /Content
         /ContentGroup
         /EmbeddedContent
         /File
         /FlickrPhotostream
         /HTMLeditor
         /IFrame
         /IFrameRest
         /Langstring
         /PatternLanguage
         /Picture
         /RssAggregator
         /SimpleIFrame
         /TrivialLangstring
       /Geocoders
       /StatisticGraph
       /Report
     /content
       /PatternLanguage
     /cron
     /images
       /PatternLanguage
     /include
       /HTMLeditor
         /images
         /toolbar
     /js
     /lib
       /FCKeditor
       /magpie
       /RssPressReview
       /smarty
     /local_content
       /common
       /default
     /locale
       /fr
       /de
     /login
     /ping
     /portal
     /templates
       /HTMLeditor
     /tmp
       /cache
       /magpie_cache
       /smarty
         /cache
         /configs
         /templates_c

Okay, I'd like to talk about some of them ... let#s start step by step:

/
   /sql
   /wifidog
     /admin

- - good so far ;)

       /templates

- - I'd like to move that directory to the /wifidog/templates directory
- - it just belongs there
- - could be named /wifidog/templates/admin

     /auth
     /classes
       /Content
         /ContentGroup
         /EmbeddedContent
         /File
         /FlickrPhotostream
         /HTMLeditor
         /IFrame
         /IFrameRest
         /Langstring
         /PatternLanguage
         /Picture
         /RssAggregator
         /SimpleIFrame
         /TrivialLangstring
       /Geocoders
       /StatisticGraph
       /Report

- - good

     /content
       /PatternLanguage

- - what are we doing in those directories exactly?

     /cron
     /images
       /PatternLanguage

- - good, even though we should think about giving the files in the /
wifidog/images directory meaningful names

     /include
       /HTMLeditor
         /images
         /toolbar
     /js

- -good

     /lib
       /FCKeditor
       /magpie
       /RssPressReview
       /smarty

- - I think we should be moving those files to /lib - not /wifidog/lib
as we have them right now

     /local_content
       /common
       /default

- - again, how do we use those directories/files exactly?
- - aren't there many obsolete files (besides CSS style-sheets)?
- - can we get rid of those directories?

     /locale
       /fr
       /de

- - those directories should also be moved directly to /locale

     /login
     /ping
     /portal

- - good

     /templates
       /HTMLeditor
     /tmp
       /cache
       /magpie_cache
       /smarty
         /cache
         /configs
         /templates_c

- - again - those directories should be moved to /templates directly -
they don't need to be world readable

Thanks for your time of reading - I'm looking happily forward for
your mails ;) ...

Cheers, Max!