[isf-wifidog] Server install fails

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mar 24 Jan 23:39:53 EST 2006

On January 24, 2006 06:27 pm, Ray Gwinn wrote:
> I had to take some time off from wifidog.  But I started up again this
> weekend.  I downloaded the current source on Saturday or Sunday.
>
> I am no longer using symlinks. The httpd.conf file points to real
> directories.
>
> The script install.php runs to completion, and a message is displayed that
> I will be rediredted in 3 seconds (I think).
>
> The redirection occurs, and then a message saying "smarty is not installed"
> and I am sent back to the install.php.
>
> Since it has been a few weeks since I worked on the install, I decided to
> re-install everything, including the OS (FC4).  After the total re-install,
> the same problem occurred, ie "smarty is not installed".  BTW, smarty seems
> to be installed in its default location.
>
> The only thing I changed in config.php is the default language to en.
>
> BTW, I had an old wifidog-auth from sourceforge installed and working.
> However, since switching to the cvs (now svn) versions, I have never got
> past the "smarty is not installed" error, even though install.php completes
> without error.
>
> Can anyone suggest something that may get me beyond the "smarty is not
> installed" problem.

Dammit, apparently we missed one more custom path detection.  Try the latest
SVN, I think it should solve your problem.  If not, it should at least spit
out more meaningfull errors.

2006-01-24 Benoit Grégoire  <bock at step.polymtl.ca>
* Dependencies.php:  We missed yet another instance of non-unifrom code for
path detection.
	The Dependencies class now uses the code in include/path_defines_base.php
like the rest of the system.
	Also make it return more usefull error messages.
* SmartyWifidog.php:  Output the error returned by Dependencies if Smarty
cannot be found for some reason.

--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/