[isf-wifidog] Server install fails

Ray Gwinn wifidog at wva.net
Mar 24 Jan 18:27:55 EST 2006

I had to take some time off from wifidog.  But I started up again this weekend.  I
downloaded the current source on Saturday or Sunday.

I am no longer using symlinks. The httpd.conf file points to real directories.

The script install.php runs to completion, and a message is displayed that I will be
rediredted in 3 seconds (I think).

The redirection occurs, and then a message saying "smarty is not installed" and I am
sent back to the install.php.

Since it has been a few weeks since I worked on the install, I decided to re-install
everything, including the OS (FC4).  After the total re-install, the same problem occurred,
ie "smarty is not installed".  BTW, smarty seems to be installed in its default location.

The only thing I changed in config.php is the default language to en.

BTW, I had an old wifidog-auth from sourceforge installed and working.  However, since
switching to the cvs (now svn) versions, I have never got past the "smarty is not installed"
error, even though install.php completes without error.

Can anyone suggest something that may get me beyond the "smarty is not installed"
problem.

Ray