[Fwd: Re: [isf-wifidog] User Administration]

Pete Flaherty pjf at cape.com
Sam 21 Jan 12:45:09 EST 2006

Hey  François,

I added the information into the wiki, with no problem.

I'm also working with a group called 'Unwired Village' They got a grant
to help figure out the whole ' free wireless model' How to pay for the
nodes sponsorships etc .... Here is a link to the website
http://www.unwiredvillage.com

An interesting point to make is that not all ISP's are created equal,
and there is a great list of 'wifi friendly' ISPs at
https://www.quickbase.com/db/74w53vgy?a=q&qid=5

We're primarily focused on our service footprint (Eastern Massachusetts,
LATA 128). We are primarily doing this as a public service, and
marketing tool.

We've worked up the following offering for our customers (and other
interested  parties), and recomend visiting the UnWired Village project

A site survey asking all the pertanent information at
https://wifidog.cape.com/portal/?gw_id=001 . This helps us in making up
"WiFi in a Box' kits for a particular location.

The kit typically is ready and pre-configured to run 'out of the box'
and includes:
- WRT-54GL wireless router with custom openwrt and wifidog
- External antenna(s) and cableing
- Mounting Bracket for the WRT
- Mounting Bracket(s) as required for the above antenna
- 12V Power over ethernet kit

Optionally
- WAP54G for extended coverage
- more of the above antennas PoE adaptors etc
- (this uses the lan prots and acts as a remote to the master unit)

On average the base kit starts at $250 USD. depending on the
installation

Cheers
-Pete