[isf-wifidog] User Administration

Pete Flaherty pjf at cape.com
Ven 20 Jan 19:10:54 EST 2006

Hi all,
My name is Pete and I work for an independent ISP
We've been running wifidog since last summer with great success.
There seems to be quite a lot of interest from Hotels/Motels and otehr
locations that have quite a bit of exposure to the public. I am seeing
many inquiries and lots of interest in getting a Hotspot up (a dozen or
so just this month)
I've been asked many times if there was a way for the local hotspot
operator to create and maintain a group of users. Through many
discussions and Q and A periods I see the need for a 'Loacl Admin'
console for the hotspot owners.

Wifidog knows where each user has signed up from ... so ... we may want
an attribute (say managed t/f) for each user and active t/f.
That being done then the 'node owners' could create managed users for
their location (and by default all locations) additionally turning them
on and off at will

The login page will still accept all valid wifidog users, though there
may be a custom page without the get account link

Here is a sample of the SIMPLE Node management page

Anyone have any thoughts or comments

-Pete Flaherty