[isf-wifidog] Errors when doing a fresh install or upgrade for latest CVS, re: /includes/common.php

Joe Bowser bowserj at unbc.ca
Ven 20 Jan 18:31:57 EST 2006

Hey

I had to do an upgrade on our dev server, and I kept running into this
error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function array_map_recursive()
in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/include/common.php on line 115

This didn't make any sense, since the function array_map_recursive() is
in PHP5 Core (according to the PHP docs) , so I looked through the code
and asked on IRC, and I had to swap around the order of
undo_magic_quotes and array_map_recursive, which is wrapped in an if
statement that only defines it if it's not found.  I got the same error
again, which makes no sense.  Then I commented out the if statement, and
produced five more warnings on the fresh install:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session
cookie - headers already sent by (output started
at /var/www/localhost/htdocs/include/common.php:315)
in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/classes/Session.php on line 50
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session
cache limiter - headers already sent (output started
at /var/www/localhost/htdocs/include/common.php:315)
in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/classes/Session.php on line 50
Runtime Notice: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the
system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ
environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. We
selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PST/-8.0/no DST' instead
in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/include/common.php on line 138
Runtime Notice: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the
system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ
environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. We
selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PST/-8.0/no DST' instead
in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/include/common.php

There's something wrong with common.php, and I'm guessing it has
something to do with trying to determine the system path automatically.
However, I'm not sure.  It's happened on my box (where I got these
errors, and on our dev server.

Any ideas?

--
Joe Bowser <bowserj at unbc.ca>