[isf-wifidog] Newbie asking Wifidog install guidelines

Amitava Biswas solutions_amit at hotmail.com
Mer 18 Jan 15:07:33 EST 2006

Hi all,
I am a newbie to wifidog.

I want to start a "Ile sans Fils" hotspot at my place.
So I want to install wifidog on the Linksys WRT54G router.
I allready got the Open Wrt working (somebody did it for me),
I have the Wifidog package downloaded, should I try the following to install the package ?

>From my PC:
# scp wifidog_1.1.3_beta1-1_mipsel.ipk root at 192.168.1.1:/tmp

then
# ssh root at 192.168.1.1

Then telenet to the router at 192.168.1.1, and at the telnet window do the following?

#cd /tmp
then
#ipkg install wifidog_1.1.3_beta1-1_mipsel.ipk

I understand that I have to append some stuff in the /etc/modules file.
The question is what to append ? then what to do to start the router, except hard reset it.

You can also point me to any links etc.

Thanks
Amitava
Hexagram