[isf-wifidog] Wifidog.org trend analysis

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mer 18 Jan 12:04:43 EST 2006

On January 18, 2006 11:34 am, Pascal Leclerc wrote:
> > Well... Trac does not prevent us from creating a nice template
> > either, but let's face it. Those who will want to install Wifidog are
> > UNIX / Linux geeks so they are not afraid of technical mambo jambo.
>
> Wrong, look at wifidog mailing list, and you will see that many people
> asking question are not geeks. They are users, and in my mind a kind of
> client.

Well, you have a very narrow interpretation of geeks.  Wifidog is software
that clearly target network administrators and geeks.  Off course that
doesn't mean we shouldn't have a page "What the fuck is this wifidog", but I
don't think it's worth maintaining a separate web site.

> > That doesn't mean it has to be ugly, it's not "ugly" now, it's just
> > plain technical content, that's what we need.
>
> You need it, I need it, but everybody else need something better. And it's
> not the case now.

Define everybody else.  My mother doesn't need information about widfidog, and
quite frankly neither does most laptop users in our venues.  They certainly
need help signing in, but that should be provided but the community group.

> C't'avec des MAYBE qu'on va à Paris, je veux du concret !
>
> J'ai poussé pour monter un vrai site et pour le moment, je suis pas mal le
> seul à y travailler (d'accord aussi que je suis possiblement le seul a
> avoir du temps pour ça et que les autres travaillent à autres choses),
> mais présentement trac ne présente pas ce qu'est (ou ce qu'on désire faire
> de Wifidog) : Une suite de logiciels de qualité !
>
> Y'a pas de menu
> Y'a pas de skin
> Y'a pas de logo
> Y'a pu de bannière

Ok, mais tout ça n'a rien à voir avec trac.

> > Besides, I don't know what happened after Benoit moved the CVS -->   SVN
> > we have lost the blue gradient banner ?!
>
> The blue gradient banner was hosted on www.wifidog.org, now it's
> redirected to dev.wifidog.org, so we lost the image (no more access to it)

I don't think that's the problem, I couldn't find any reference to an image on
www.wifidog.org anywhere in the HTML or the CSS.  Where was it referenced
from?  It probably got wiped by the move from 0.9.2 to 0.9.3

--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/