[isf-wifidog] Importing Users

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mer 11 Jan 15:40:32 EST 2006

> We've changed the option in the import nocat users php file which
> limits the size of uploaded files, and also allocated more memory for
> running scripts in the PHP.ini, we've increased timeout for script
> completion, and increased the size of allowable uploaded files.  The
> result of trying to upload the psswd file to wifidog however seems to
> result in nothing happening at all.
>
> The server will accept the incoming connection, sit around for a
> couple of minutes then refresh to a blank page (where we should be
> instead seeing a list of our imported users)
>
> I wonder if anyone has had a similar experience or could suggest
> another way to do this (or even suggest what they think may be
> happening!)

I think I understand from your message that the import completes succesfully,
but that after the import you can't login.

If so my hunch is that you simply have to VACUUM ANALYSE your database, as the
table just wen't from 1 to tens of thousand users, the planner's statistics
aren't updated, and it's still trying to do sequential scans.

It might be a good idea to actually put the SQL to vacuum the database at the
end of the import script.
--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/