[isf-wifidog] automated response to changing environment

Matthew Asham matthewa at bcwireless.net
Ven 6 Jan 15:16:08 EST 2006

We've been discussing a provisioning system that involves Wireless and IP
configuration and monitoring (some
of this is documented on
https://www.bcwireless.net/moin.cgi/HotSpotNetworkManagementRequirements),
specific
to this case we would have it monitor the environment for noise and adjust
radio parameters accordingly,
this could easily stretch into finding better routes to nearby nodes and
avoiding upstream congestion.

Since this applies to all sorts of Wireless systems, not just WifiDog nodes,
I wonder if it belongs
at a different level than in WifiDog itself.  To me it seems this would fit
into our WaveCaster management
System, while WifiDog still remains a presentation system.  Same thing with
auth.

--
Matthew Asham
British Columbia Wireless Network Society