[isf-wifidog] CVS Commit report

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mer 4 Jan 03:25:41 EST 2006

On January 4, 2006 01:19 am, François Proulx wrote:
> It's not broken,
> See in config.php, SYSTEM_PATH is the new name.
> Then in common.php there is a set_include_path() that adds the
> SYSTEM_PATH
>
> thus, it does exactly the same as before, but without needing to
> prepend BASEPATH on the require lines ....

Ok, I stand corrected, my apologies.  I misunderstood what Max was trying to
do.  I tought he was trying to complete the removal of SYSTEM_PATH from the
config file.  To prove that I am a good sport I checked in the change to
complete autodetection of paths.  There is now one less configuration
directive to worry about.

As the BASEPATH change itself, we now we have confusing pearls like:
require_once('../include/common.php');
require_once('include/common_interface.php');
(Taken from portal/index.php).  Yep, you were supposed to figure out that
common.php and common_interface.php are actually in the SAME directory.

I guess wether or not having those two lines is better than the following is a
matter of taste.  IDEs will understand neither anyway.
define ('BASEPATH', '../');
require_once(BASEPATH.'include/common.php');
require_once(BASEPATH.'include/common_interface.php');

Well, now that it's done let's not change it back.

--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/