[isf-wifidog] Wifidog User Management

Chris Rowson christopherrowson at gmail.com
Mar 3 Jan 15:54:08 EST 2006

Sounds great I'll look forward to it !

Don't know if you remember me saying before (I'm posting from my
private rather than my .gov.uk email address just now) but I'm looking
to utilise wifidog to provide free wireless to library patrons on a
pilot project.

I've got the auth server up, fiddled with some options and built a
couple of test gateways using old PC kit we have with Debian Sarge and
some wireless APs.

The library service wants users to be able to authenticate using their
library number and pin, so we where looking to create something
probably in PHP that would import these from a CSV file.

Having a user management system to allow people to maintain users at
the auth server administration level would be an absoloute godsend!
I'm sure it would open wifidog up to a whole new level of applications
in providing public wireless.

Cheers

Chris