[isf-wifidog] Is anyone working on a new layout manager?

Matthew Asham matthewa at bcwireless.net
Mar 3 Jan 06:19:19 EST 2006

I see two components: a layout editor allows a user to drag 'n drop elements
for
visual layout with ability to define what object an element references, and
specific
object editors for each content type (eg: FCK editor for HTML, image
uploading,
applet embedding, links to other CMS pages, etc.).

The layout editor should let the user manipulate many pages for a node with
a bare minimum
of two predefined page names: login and welcome.

The code I worked on wasn't for WifiDog and wasn't completed.  It would
generate CSS
on the fly to handle positioning and style, while the content was
dynamically
generated from the node's list of content objects.   I have no specific
preference to
using an editor to modify Smarty templates or having it work on the database
directly.

That's all I can think of right now.