[isf-wifidog] User management and session tracking

Rowson Christopher Christopher.Rowson at hullcc.gov.uk
Dim 1 Jan 09:06:42 EST 2006

Hi all,

I currently have a wifidog authorisation server set up, and I'm at the stage
of testing Linux PCs as routers.  Things seem to be going fine, and I'm
really impressed with the capability of wifidog.

The project is to provide a wireless internet hotspot pilot to see if there
is a demand for it at the service I work for.

One thing that I am a little confused by however, is how to effect user
management.  That is to say how can I delete or suspend a user from the
authorisation server who is abusing or misusing the service?

The other problem that I'm having is that one hotspot I logged into as a
test user, seems to have held the session as in use, although I have not
been using it for a day and a half.  Is this a frequently reported error, or
is there a reason this may be happening?

Again, thanks for your help.

Chris