[isf-wifidog] Server fails after start button

Alexandre Carmel-Veilleux acveilleux at gmail.com
Sam 11 Fév 22:19:55 EST 2006

On 2/11/06, Ray Gwinn <wifidog at wva.net> wrote:
> > No, I'm saying it must be loaded.
>
> Bingo!!! The module ipt_mac was not being loaded and loading it corrected the problem.
> Thank you for being so sharp.

Glad we could sort out your problem.

> Your previous message was a little confusing.  It said I have ipt_mac.o loaded.  I can now
> continue my testing.  If wireless only routing hotspots work, I can deploy wifidog.

I'm a native french speaker and my english is not always great when I
just got out of bed ;-).

> I think this problem should possibly go into the FAQ.  ie
>
> Q - I can logon, but when I click the start button I am sent back to the logon screen!
>
> A - Insure you are loading the kernel module ipt_mac.o at boot time.  The file /etc/modules or
> /etc/modules.conf is usually where you can specify modules to be loaded at boot time.

It used to be an issue on the WRT54G but the script to compile wifidog
for the WRT54G (ipkg/rules) makes sure that the module is put in the
.ipk package so the WRT using crowd hasn't been running into this
problem very much (or those that have haven't been vocal about it.)

I've updated the FAQ and added an entry in the main gateway install checklist.

Alex