[isf-wifidog] Server fails after start button

Ray Gwinn wifidog at wva.net
Sam 11 Fév 19:17:16 EST 2006

> No, I'm saying it must be loaded.

Bingo!!! The module ipt_mac was not being loaded and loading it corrected the problem.
Thank you for being so sharp.

Your previous message was a little confusing.  It said I have ipt_mac.o loaded.  I can now
continue my testing.  If wireless only routing hotspots work, I can deploy wifidog.

Thank you very much for you help and patience.  I too have developed, distributed and
supported software.  I know how frustrating support can be.  You and the entire wifidog team
are doing a great service to the wifi community.

I think this problem should possibly go into the FAQ.  ie

Q - I can logon, but when I click the start button I am sent back to the logon screen!

A - Insure you are loading the kernel module ipt_mac.o at boot time.  The file /etc/modules or
/etc/modules.conf is usually where you can specify modules to be loaded at boot time.

Ray