[isf-wifidog] Supporting opening the firewall if the auth servers are all unreachable.

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Jeu 9 Fév 10:42:17 EST 2006

On February 8, 2006 03:49 pm, Gabe Sawhney wrote:
> The failover => )open( thing is high on my priority list... it might
> be the project I'd like to work on at a router geeknight...
>
> David: I suspect that there's not much programming required -- I think
> it's just a matter of hacking the iptables rulesets that wifidog
> manipulates on the router.

Indeed, this should be a pretty easy project.  The client already maintains a
flag to tell if all the auth servers are down.  It should only be a matter of
hooking in the auth server status code, adding a short circuit firewall rule
somewhere in the tables, and clearing it once an auth server becomes
available again.

--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/