[isf-wifidog] How to Auth non-browser based devices

Ray Gwinn wifidog at wva.net
Jeu 2 Fév 11:30:51 EST 2006

> Let's forget for now if it is or isn't easier than finding a MAC address to
> spoof.  Opening ports is whitelisting a specific type of service, which
> necessarily means the group deems all other services less worthy of
> convenience/consideration.

Has it been considered to have a non-authenticated post list, like 22 for ssh, in a config
somewhere?  Then it is the wifidog user making the decision to allow some ports to pass
without authenticating and not a whitelisting by wifidog itself.

This would be similar to the TrustedMACList.  Which, BTW, I think should be done by
wifidog-auth.

Ray