[isf-wifidog] TrustedMACList Location

Ray Gwinn wifidog at wva.net
Mer 1 Fév 11:24:31 EST 2006

Is it possible to consider moving the TrustedMACList to the wifidog server, or possibly having
it on both server and client?

Logically, the server is the authenticater, and should it not authenticate mac and/or user
name and password?

I have coded scripts to configure our nodes before they go into the field.  As I add the code to
implement wifidog into our remote nodes, I see/believe the TrustedMACList is going to be
very long.  In addition we have to update the TrustedMACList in an existing node before we
can add a new node that routes through the existing node.

I suspect in all cases, the wifidog server is a computer that is much more capable of dealing
with a long list of mac addresses.  The server is also much more likely to be physically
accessible if something goes wrong.

Ray