[isf-wifidog] How to Auth non-browser based devices

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mer 1 Fév 00:31:01 EST 2006

On February 1, 2006 12:16 am, Jason Potter wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can an account be automatically created for a particular mac address when
> it tries to connect, so that it can be tracked?
>
> Option 1 is what I think I am looking for.
>
> I want people to be able to connect without logging in but be time limited
> to 2 hours and speed limited to 64k.
>
> Does anyone have this solution setup at the moment.

Well, if it was already working, there would be a need for the ticket.  A lot
of work still needs to be done on the gateway to make this work.

On the auth server side however, there is probably no need to create users on
the fly, all tracking functions already work by MAC adress as well as
username.

Putting a hard daily limit on session time has been discussed before, but
there is nobody opened a task for it.

Trafic shaping has several different tasks open already.

--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/