[isf-wifidog] Additional screen shots for the Wiki

chip at innovates.com chip at innovates.com
Lun 11 Déc 10:31:27 EST 2006

You make too many assumptions about what I will do if I start using
WifiDog.  As part of the contract I'm working on I will have to make at
minimum the following additions to WifiDog:

1. An operating schedule for each node, to close access and display a
closed access point message for those that attempt to connect.

2. Per user and per node bandwidth control.

All of which work I would definitely resubmit to the project.  It
appears both of these features are on other people's radar also, but
haven't made it to existing developer's priority yet.  But maybe they
have and the documentation and ticket system hasn't been updated yet
either.

Letting the feature lists and documentation fall behind, doesn't do
anyone any good.  It only makes potential new comers either look else
where, because the project looks less mature than it really is, or
generates questions on mailing list like this message that everyone gets
tired of answering.

I am a potential new user and contributor of the project, but don't see
much value in setting up every hotspot project I can find just evaluate
which one I really want to sink my teeth into.  If you haven't noticed
from this posting, I'm a real believer in updating documentation when
code gets updated especially when I contribute to a project.

Chip Schweiss