[isf-wifidog] Problem connecting to Postgresql database

Rajendra Jagad rjagad at gmail.com
Sam 26 Aou 22:56:34 EDT 2006

Hello all.

what is the best way to install the database, I am running fedora core 5 the

postgresql is optional package that can be install from source ( Fedora) by
going to add remove software then list all aviable packages  and install
all
the Postgresql package.
It installs ok, and runs ok, After my display got suspended due to
powermanagment
I could no longer gain control of the box so I had to reboot by power cycle
(a no. no no in unix/linux)
when application like postgresql are running. It is (a no, no, no, no, no no
in unix/linux) so off course
I had to uninstall postgresql and re-install. Now everything is running
fine. Or is it ?
I have two pgsql data directories.
/var/lib/pgsql/data and /usr/local/pgsql/data and they both have all the
postgres configration files
now the /var/lib/pgsql/ does not have bin and other folders that
/usr/local/pgsql has..
did my unstall not work correctly? or I did not install it the correct way ?

Thanks

Raj